Many communities in the Inland Empire provide excellent, inexpensive options for staying active:
Parks Map for the city of Riverside
provided by Riverside Community Health Foundation
Free Strength and Conditioning Classes for people with Type 1/Type 2 Diabetes
- Taught by a diabetic specialist
- Location: Anytime Fitness (3191 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92507)
- When: First Monday of every month 5:30-6:30 PM
- Questions? Contact Art or Mitzi at (951) 643-3992
- RSVP: 24 Hours in Advance
Twelve community centers across the city provide local residents resources to meet and recreate.
Moreno Valley’s city park system has 32 parks and/or joint-use facilities and includes a 9-hole executive golf course, 24 multi-use sports fields, 11 tennis courts, nine basketball courts, 28 play apparatus, and three recreation centers.
- The CRC complex houses class and meeting rooms, a gymnasium, swimming pool, teen room with tv, video games, pool tables, a multi-purpose room with stage and kitchen facilities, and an outdoor amphitheater.
- 30875 Rancho Vista Road, Temecula, CA 92592
- Phone: (951) 694-6410
Free Exercise Classes
- Fitness class every Saturday at 9am in the Promenade right across from yard house. Classes are free, and the events are posted on their Facebook page.